General

How can we improve WP E-Signature?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Hide empty fields

Not all of my Gravity Form fields are mandatory. Some are conditional fields, and some are optional values.

It would be great if the "insert field" shortcode could include a "Title" and an option to "Hide if empty".

[esiggravity formid="3" field_id="11" title="Other" hideEmpty="true" ]
    could produce
    <label for="fieldName123">Your title here</label><span id="fieldName123" class="hideEmpty underline"></span>

Then, a fairly simple jQuery statement could hide all hideEmpty fields whose text value is empty.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Signer "Initials" Acknowledgement Input Field

In addition to a final signature, many contracts require the signer to acknowledge certain portions of a contract as well as entire pages by adding their initials in one or more locations through out the contract. For example, Real Estate offers have many initial locations. E-Signature needs this capability. Need a signer "Initials" input field capability.

Include the Initials in the signature selection dialog when beginning to sign a new document.

45 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

hey guys… this Kevin the founder chiming in. I can definitely see the value in having this feature. And agree it is a very pivotal one.

ApproveMe has been quietly working on adding this feature… however, it will likely be introduced in our first front-end PDF upload roll out which is still a couple months away.

I apologize for the delay but we have devoted 100% of our (NEW) development resources to building out this plugin into a Wordpress powered application which will be MUCH MORE powerful and customizable than just your “old wordpress” plugin.

Because of this… it’s taken a little longer to add these smaller features… but I assure you the new version will not disappoint :-) Thanks for the great feedback.

• Have an option to insert All fields from Gravity Forms instead of one at a time.

Right now the only way to put your Gravity Form data on a eSignature document is to add individual fields one at a time. It would be a nice feature to add ALL fields at once from a Gravity Form.

20 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • language

gibt es eine deutsche übersetzung / Sprache des Plugin

there is a German translation / language of the plugin

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Input Field Shortcodes

There is no way, through a shortcode, or filter to give a field a value prior to sending for signature.

e.g. text inputs are rendered with

return $this->text_to_html($label, $name, '', $required, false, $verifysigner, $size,$displaytype);

With the third parameter the value.

This needs to be either
            a shortcode attribute; or
            a filterable value

Ideally, both for ease in shortcodes and dynamism with a filter.

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Dropbox Sync Folder Selection and Make it A Sharable Folder

Currently you can not share the default Dropbox folder used to Sync to (because it is already a shared folder) which is limiting.

Make the default Dropbox folder the files are synced to sharable.

Currently you can not share the Apps folder or sub-folder where they are saved.

It would also be helpful to be able to select an existing Dropbox folder where you want the files synced to.

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Document Styles

As it currently stands we're very limited in how we can style our Documents.

In order to add extra spacing we have to hit return multiple times, which in turn, generates a bunch of blank <p></p> tags. This is not great.

We also have no way to adjust the styles (size/color/padding etc.) of any of the default h1 - h6 tags. For example, I'm using h2 tags in my Document and come to find out those tags are way to big in comparison to the Document Title; which btw is using <p class="doc_title" instead of a more appropriate h1 tag.…

24 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I agree with you guys 100%. We actually have already started rolling out a 3 phase project that will eventually introduce more document styliing options when creating a document using the plain text method.

We’re currently on the first phase (which is PDF upload Drag & Drop) once this is released and ready we’ll be adding some serious improvements to the plain text document creation process.

Thanks for the great feedback!

Kind Regards,

• Add Stand Alone Clone Feature

Support just advised you can copy the code from a stand alone document to create another one and then modify the agreement etc., but keep the same custom fields.

It would be great to be able to easily select a chosen stand alone document and click "Clone"

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • When my document is signed I should receive a notification. I have checked the box to do so - and it is necessary to the workflow.

When my document is signed I should receive a notification. I have checked the box to do so - and it is necessary to the workflow.

However -

My client (who just signed) receives the notification and I do not.

Can this be fixed?

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Our current system/platform recognizes the person that originally sets up a document as the document owner (as the email associated with the document). Therefore they will be the one receiving the emails etc. We do plan on simplifying this process in the future so you can more easily transfer document authorship/ownership; but for now…

You have two options:

Option 1 = Changing the email address and profile of the user that created the document in the first place (this info is logged in the audit trail of a signed stand alone document)

Option 2 = Copying the contents of the Stand Alone Document. Logging in as the desired user that should be attributed as the document owner. Creating a new stand alone document. Pasting those contents. And publishing your changes.

• Re-modification of document after signature

I need a way to modify the doc after it is filled out. Currently, I'm having my clients fill out the document then they sign it. But when they fill it our wrong or decide to make a change to the contract later, I have to re-do everything instead of just making a minor change. Changes to contracts happen al the time and this feature would really be helpful for us.

16 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Less "chrome" at the top and bottom of the signing window.

I'm placing my document in a modal window and the black bars at the top and bottom of the approveme interface take up 2/3 of the space of the modal window. The document itself only has like an inch of visibility. An option I'd like to see is a "minimal" option where the black bars are shorter.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Would love a way to just upload a fillable PDF that signatures can be added to

Would love a way to just upload a fillable PDF that signatures can be added to

9 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Styling

Some simple styling options would be fantastic. For example, the ability for a user to assign a class or id to a created field would be great. My form I needed to create is large and complicated with LOTS of input fields. In order for it to look even remotely structured I had to add a lot of html into the page manually and then add CSS into the plugins asset files.

Pretty complicated for just wanting my form layout to look nice.

26 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Faster support and options other than email

My experience with support has been favorable except for the time it takes to get a response and no option other than email. It has taken days for issues to be resolved.

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian… I apologize for the delay and understand that the speed of our support not only affect you but they also affect yur customers and for that I apologize. The team just released a major update today after 3 months of development. So the last couple weeks they were a little slower than usual in their response times…. while we don’t typically offer phone support (mainly becuase we want to keep the cost of the plugin down so it continue to be as affordable as possible for freelancers and small business owners) I have occasionally been known to jump on the phone with a customer or two here and there… if you want please shoot me an email at kevin@approveme.me and I’d love to discuss your challenges and see if we can help you solve them. Thanks so much for being our customer!

• Support for Signature Pad Devices

Some our documents we would use Wp e-signature for are signed in person at our office and not over email. We use Topaz brand signature pads and would like to see support for this with WP e-signature, similar to what is available with Docusign.

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Sort Signed Documents by (answers to) Custom Sender Fields

I want to be able to sort the signed documents by the filled-in "answers" people submit for the custom sender fields (from the add-on/extension).

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Email to Signer Option

I am using the plugin in conjunction with Ninja Forms to allow members of my website to create documents by filling out forms on the front-end.

I would love for there to be an "Email to Signer" option on the document page - because I would like to allow the User to both View the Document immediately (in the case that the signer is in front of them and able to sign immediately) and be able to Email to the Signer immediately instead of having to wait for the email reminders to kick in.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Date and Currency Formats

The current date format (yyyy/mm/dd) would look better as mm/dd/yyyy. Also, if currency had the comma separation (1,500,000 instead of 1500000) it would be easier to read.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Frontend for WP ESign

Frontend screens to create documents and send, so that users do not need admin rights or access to wp-admin.

11 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using our app!

We haven’t added Front-end dashboard into WP E-Signature yet. But I think that’s an awesome idea! In fact, we loved the idea so much we began working on it about 6 months ago. I don’t have an ETA from the team behind it yet but from their last update, I’d say we’re close to launching it. We hope to make more announcements about this in the coming months.

Kind Regards,

Kevin at ApproveMe

• HTTP request after signature

I'd like to be able to create an HTTP request automatically when a document is signed.

I'm using a stand-alone form to collect liability waivers from my students. I'd love to be able to update the student's record in my CRM with the date that they signed. (For new students, I need to be able to know how has/hasn't signed. And when I update the waiver, I need to know who has/hasn't signed the new version.)

To do that, I need to be able to pass at least their email address and the date they signed via an HTTP request.…

12 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base